When we first see your furniture we will go over it to see what all has to be done. We will determine whether it needs to be refinished or restored. We ask you what you want us to do, like: just refinish it, do repairs, or make new parts. We can replace the hardware or just freshen it up with a restoration process, doing what it takes to return the piece back to its original condition without stripping it. We want your input on your wood furniture restoration since it is you we want to please.
So what is our process?
1. As we begin our furniture repair service, we remove all of the old finish by placing your piece in a swallow pan and let our stripper run over it while we work it with soft brushes. We Do NOT put your furniture in a dip tank; doing this will hurt the joints and veneers, causing them to swell or separate.
2. After all stripping is done we take your piece over to the repair area of our shop. Here is where we make all necessary repairs such as replacing broken parts that we make and repair/replace missing veneers. In this area we also will re-glue any joints that need it and clean up or replace hardware.
3. After all repairs needed are done your furniture is really to be sanded smooth to get it ready for any staining that may or may not be needed. Then it is ready for the spray room we apply a sanding sealer which preps your furniture to receive antique furniture refinishing.
4. After the sanding sealer has dried and we have sanded it smooth once again the finish is then applied. During this stage is where we work our magic. In here we will apply any custom color shading to make your furniture look its best. This is applied with our spraying system.
5. The final stage: While still in the spray room we apply a heat and water resistant lacquer finish in a flat, semi-gloss or gloss sheen.
What we offer:
- Stripping only (you do the finishing part)
- Furniture Repairs (we can make new parts)
Copyright 2011 Bennett’s Furniture Refinishing: Antique Furniture Refinishing. All Rights Reserved.
4225 Hillview Avenue, Shively, KY 40216 (502) 448-2259
Our Expert Furniture Repair Service Process
- In-home/business touchups
Double click here to add text.